Author Topic: Calling DB Customer Service  (Read 5701 times)

jayz64

• Red Diamond
Calling DB Customer Service
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »
I've been trying to contact someone at DB by telephone for the last week or 10 days & all I get is put on hold forever with the over modulated annoying music in the background.

Is this typical for this group?  Do they only have 1 person handling all the calls?

Anyone else experience the same thing?

randyr5

• Sidewinder
Re: Calling DB Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 12:56:55 PM »
The silence is deafening.  Another reason that I don't have a good feeling about the direction this company is going.

Uniq1

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »
I've called them twice and had wait times of 12 minutes, and 15 minutes, respectively.  The first rep sounded like he had no clue what he was doing, and was very unprofessional for being a call center rep.  The second person I talked to actually branded the company and seemed like she was using an HR-approved call script.  Given the nature of my ongoing issue, I can't give a final assessment of my experience until it's resolved.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
Well, I contacted them last year concerning my gen 1 .380 that I bought about 4 years ago.  It is a 'ZC' series gun & the rep I spoke to could not find my serial number in their database.

If that doesn't tell you something about their lack of competency then nothing does.

randyr5

• Sidewinder
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:30 PM »
I had an early Gen1 ZA that had all kinds of problems, and they swapped it out for a ZD. A few months later I called and asked if I could get the latest upgrades for the ZD and they asked if I was the original owner.  I told them yes and that they had given me the gun in place of a ZA.  They couldn't find the record of having exchanged the ZA for a ZD!!  I'm just glad that I kept all of my paperwork.

highfructosecornsyrp

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 08:08:33 PM »
I've waited as few as 5 minutes for technical support and as much as 22 

I've gotten some really impressive assistance but it is usually average to a little below average (they pay Americans to work for them and keep a low price point-something has to give eh?  I'm ok w it).

I sent an email asking some questions I was unable to get answered satisfactorily via phone. They're very technical questions so we will see how well the company responds.

rogertc1

• Red Diamond
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 05:56:04 AM »
I have a Taurus issue and too have been trying Customer service. Taurus is managing Diamondback. Taurs is now going through a CEO change and I worry . the new CEO is a salesman and not concerned about quality.
We will see my friends.
I have more guns than you!!

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »
Can't make an assumption like that until he charts a course.  What you say is 'usually' the case, but hopefully he'll do what's right by the customer.

makarovnik

• Sidewinder
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:15 AM »
I called at 8:30am eastern time. The recording said I was first in line to talk to a representative. After 35 minutes I gave in and hung up. Yes, the on hold music is lousy, full of static and skips. That is part of their plan; to make you hang up and never call again. That is what they want.

I also called another number that was at Taurus and while the music wasn't as bad I was on hold for over 25 minutes and finally succumbed and hung up the phone. They told me my pistol would be repaired in six weeks but I've waited almost 10 weeks and they have not even looked at it.

Since I can't get thru to Diamondback or Taurus customer service and get and answer on when I can get my pistol back repaired or not repaired I'm considering reporting it to the BATF as stolen.

Rockman69

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
Makarovnik,

Im considering having them send it back without being fixed, at least Ill have my damn gun!
Thats not a bad idea about filing with the BATF, maybe that will light a fire under their rear...

Yeah, right!

What about contacting the BBB?

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 05:00:58 AM »
Glad to see everyone's posting their experience with DB customer service.  I've since given up trying to contact them & have solved the gun's issues myself.  After what some of you have been writing about them not working on your gun after multiple weeks, I surely do not want to pay good money to ship it to them just so they can shelve it somewhere to 'pretend' to work on it.

Before all this came up, I was considering buying one of their DB9's but not anymore.  My 4 year old DB380 shoots fine now & nothing (yet) has broken on it, so I'll just hang onto it & never let customer service get their mits on it.

If they keep losing sales, like mine for instance, they'll surely be out of business in the not too distant future.

Diamondback Firearms