Author Topic: Warranty Service  (Read 14022 times)

LenBo

• Hatchling
Re: Warranty Service
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »
I must say that I ALWAYS had very professional and understanding customer representatives speaking with me. Please everyone be kind to them-it's not their fault. Don't take it out on them. They are just taking all the heat when we are upset with not getting our firearms fixed or back in a reasonable time. I sent an email to management explaining my concerns, but never received a reply. Waited 13 weeks for a repair, got it back and still have the same problems???? Love these pistols just wish they would shoot.
LenBo

tament51

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
First off M8 we would be more understanding , if it wasn't a across the board problem. and they made some attempt to fix the problem. but now with no improvement after 5 months  its hard to feel sorry for an ill managed service department from a manufacture of flawed products.
Maybe our comments here will get them to address some of our concerns and their problems.
 I'll say it again the DB9 i had was just what i wanted for a CCW but its useless as it is currently being produced, today, Its totally untrustworthy its not even a fun gun to take to the range in its current form for fear of a failure and bodily harm. Just My Opinion ...

LenBo

• Hatchling
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 09:04:04 PM »
These are my first experience with DB. I bought (3) DB380 Gen 2S for a real good deal. They were NIB, but sucked when I fired them so I sent them back to DB, never having worked on this make pistol before I felt best to do the warranty thing. Now after 14 weeks and getting my first repair back and still had issues I will be doing all my gun smithing on them. I just did a bunch of modification on one and should be finished in a few days to test results. I'll never send another firearm back to DB for repair. They have no idea of what they are doing. Also their new pistols should be GREAT with s few modifications, but they are pushing low quality. Maybe they want to go out of business. The customer reps are not the people that are working on repairs and shouldn't be blamed or take all the heat. The management of this company needs to be replaced.

ws6transam

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 08:26:33 AM »
LATEST NEWS:

Filing a claim with the better business bureau works. -sort of-

I was just informed that Diamond Back Firearms has completed repairs on my DB15S rifle. They sent me an email that the status was complete, and that they were shipping it UPS NEXT DAY , adult signature required....

...to another person named Dan who lives in Alabama!??

Yup, somehow they managed to find another person with almost the same name as me, and get our records mixed up. Luckily I caught the email just as it hit my inbox, so I called them up, and selected technical support, rather than repair. I then told the staff person something along these lines:
'Please listen very carefully, because this is very important. I am calling this line because your repair line is not working. The fire arm that your repair center has just completed is being shipped to a completely wrong address in Alabama. I live in Michigan. If you are quick, you might catch the mistake before it leaves your shipping facility.'

Although the firearm had already been picked up for shipping, they were able to stop the shipment locally and get it returned.

So, hopefully, tomorrow, I might actually see the rifle!

What this tells me though is this:
1) Diamond Back Firearms, LLC has a serious management problem in their warranty & service department. They need to fire whoever is in charge of that office, and hire someone who can run it with professionalism. That person must be given the authorization to hire & fire whomever else is slowing down this department.
2) Their paperwork trail must be in shambles. Mix up the shipping addresses on RMA numbers? Seriously? Are they putting this information on post-it notes or something?? Get a computer and put a database on it!
3) They must not have enough staff in the repair center, or else that staff screws around too much. Either way, it's a management problem.
4) Unless they fix their repair center fast, I think their tarnished reputation will bring down this company.

Hopefully my next post will be one where the rifle shows up with straight sights that actually put bullets on the paper. Supposedly they installed a new barrel, gas tube, and gas block in order to correct the problem.

tament51

• Hatchling
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »
LOL  i forgot about that it took them 3 tries to get the zip code and my City straight...But i live in a hard to spell town...Mesa AZ

ws6transam

• Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
UPS just dropped off the rifle a few minutes ago, and it's tucked safely into the safe until I can get it out to the range.

Diamondback changed out the gas tube, the front sight, and the barrel, citing 'poor machining'. They also replaced the gas block and re-worked the trigger.The trigger snaps off nicely now, with very little creep.

Paperwork shows that it was tested with 15 rd. of .223 and 15 rd. of 5.56 mm ammunition.

DB also threw another magazine into the case, and equipped the rifle with a new composite flip-up rear sight, which was a rather nice gesture. The rear sight that I had previously wasn't nearly as nice as this new one.

So to recap, after four months and several fruitless inquiries, I gave them a deadline of March 10th to effect the repair. When they missed it I called the chamber of commerce offices in Cocoa and Titusville to put Diamondback on their radar. Then I lodged a BBB complaint with the central florida better business bureau. This seemed to do the trick, and one week later, the rifle was repaired. They attempted to ship it to the wrong address: Another person with almost the same name as me, but in another state. I called Diamondback technical support (not the repair center) ASAP, and they were able to halt the erroneous shipment. Two days later, it was delivered via 2nd day air. I had to skip work and stay home in order to receive the "adult signature required" box.

However the rifle looks really good, & feels solid. I look forward to shooting it again!

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »
LOL  i forgot about that it took them 3 tries to get the zip code and my City straight...But i live in a hard to spell town...Mesa AZ

Maythaw  :main_lol:

ws6transam

• Hatchling
Re: Warranty Service BBB final response
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 11:51:10 PM »
The BBB will be closing out my claim soon. Here was the company response, and my final response:
CASE ID: 90146816
- - -

03/18/2015     WEB   BBB   RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE :
"We sincerely apologize for the delay in this repair.  We understand that it can be frustrating to be without your firearm.  We do make every effort to get the firearm back to you as soon as possible, however situations may occur that increase the lead time (availability of parts, etc.).
   Your firearm repair has been completed and a close out letter has been included with your firearm with a description of the resolutions and the test fire results.  Your firearm shipped on 3/17/15 and should arrive within 2 business.  Should you have any questions, please reach out to our customer service department and one of our care agents will be happy to go over your repair with you."

- - - - - -
On March 22, 2015, you provided the following information:
(The consumer indicated he/she ACCEPTED the response from the business.)

Diamond Back Firearms has returned the rifle and it appears all issues have indeed been repaired. The company included a complimentary new magazine as well as a composite rear sight as an apology, which was a nice touch, and I appreciate it.

I must mention that had I not received an email from UPS about the shipment, I might not have caught the first attempted shipment, in which Diamondback tried to send my firearm to the wrong person in the wrong state. Luckily I was able to contact them in time, and they were able to intercept the package at the UPS shipping center, get it returned to their factory, then re-ship it to me at the correct address, which was plainly stated within the repair order.

This is yet another instance that alludes to a systematic problem of disorganization within the repair center. It is my suggestion that Diamondback take a serious look at that department and hire a more competent manager. Customer repair delays appear to be chronic, hold times for the repair center are always unacceptable, and the mixup on the shipping address makes me think that they are using post-it notes to keep track of their customer's guns. As both a firearm manufacturer and a federally licensed FFL, I would expect that records would already be computerized, and firearms tagged to avoid mixups like this.

Additionally, Diamondback needs to study why there are such long delays in repairs: It has been going on too long to simply be a temporary glitch: Either hire more gunsmiths, or provide them the tools & training necessary to become more efficient in their work.

The manager should also be compiling statistics on reasons for work stoppages, product throughput, and even telephone hold times in order to improve their department. This will help DBF, LLC identify what they are doing well and where they need improvement. These are issues that should be on the "A" list for their repair center manager.

I greatly appreciate their response to my claim and the way they facilitated the repair. However I also want to see this company succeed consistently for the benefit of their other customers.
- - - -

makarovnik

• Sidewinder
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »
Amen brother. I want this company to succeed also. They could have a good product if they could improve machining, quality control and customer service. And we want parts!

El Cupacabra

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
ya'll should go to FB and post on their page about this... at least you see some action from this jerks when they get you banned from their page :main_thumbs_2up: :main_thumbs_2up: :main_thumbs_2up: :main_thumbs_2up:

Diamondback Firearms