Author Topic: Diamondback FS Nine REVIEW!  (Read 12364 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Diamondback FS Nine REVIEW!
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
Here it is, folks, the first look at the FS Nine! This is a 14 page picture laden 2.5k PDF. Sorry, no video.

DIAMONDBACK FS NINE REVIEW

rogertc1

• Red Diamond
Re: Diamondback FS Nine REVIEW!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:54 AM »
I would not want to be a Beta tester on this pistol...wait a year. DB track records has not been stellular. 
Like all new guns this is not uncommon. The Remington R51 pistol is now facing recalls...
I have more guns than you!!

Snake Handler

• Sidewinder
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 05:06:28 PM »
Why would anyone purchase a full sized, striker fired, polymer 9mm from a small, new company when so many other reasonably priced choices are available from much larger well established companies?

Ljutic

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »
Nice review.  I was a bit surprised by the +P restriction.  Wasn't expecting that in the full size DB9. 

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:04:43 PM »
Nice review.  I was a bit surprised by the +P restriction.  Wasn't expecting that in the full size DB9.

Tnx. Yeah, perhaps it's time for a call to the 'big guy' to see if it wasn't a mistake.

KyGunCo

• Hatchling
    • Kentucky Gun Co.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 01:42:54 PM »
We sent a Diamondback DBFS9 to The Truth About Guns for review. Here is their full write-up on the new full size handgun:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/jeremy-s/gun-review-diamondback-db-fs-nine/#more-313997

KyGunCo

• Hatchling
    • Kentucky Gun Co.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
Jeremy S. from The Truth About Guns also did an in-depth video review on the DBFS9 we sent them. The shootability of this gun plus the price at which we are able to sell it are going to make this a winner for Diamonback... Check it out

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 04:23:40 PM »
I see he didn't hold back on the use of +P ammo for the review.  :main_thumbs_2up:   Like I've said before, it looks like there should be no issues using +P through this gun, except for the lawyers involved. DB needs to get that nixed off their warranty stipulations as it will kill some sales.

Great video and written review, BTW. What I find odd is that the gun I reviewed, and the gun in the video are both brand spanking new, but look at how the slide is different between the two (FS Nine roll mark). Interesting. I now wonder which is the 'newer' version!

RedFalconBill

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »
I handled the FS Nine at the NRA Meetings in Indianapolis last weekend. I loved the feel of the pistol. The rep said that the pistol has a 5.5 trigger, but like you I found it to be heavier than that. The takeup was spongy, along with the letoff and the reset, while short, was not PPQ or P320 short. IOW, I could live with it.

The magazine body is a 92 series Beretta/Taurus, with another slot for the FS Nine magazine release. This means that the 17 MecGar's could work with a new slot cut and a quick floorplate swap. I don't like the uber big floorplate either, but since it uses 92 series magazines, one could cut the grip down to fit the 92C 13 round magazine and have a slightly shorter pistol (which would be easier to carry).

Diamondback Firearms